Website Terms & Conditions
1. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This webpage contains the terms and conditions governing your use of www.focalpointcinema.co.nz ("this Website") and your purchase of any movie tickets, goods or services from Focal Point Cinema & Café (Focal Point Feilding Limited, Focal Point Levin Limited and Focal Point Hastings Ltd) using this Website.
- APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION / REGISTRATION
- You may be asked to provide personal information, as that term is defined in the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 ("Personal Information") to Focal Point Cinema before purchasing any movie ticket, goods or services from this Website, before entering any competition or before registering as a member of the Focal Point Cinema Gold Card Club. If you do not provide that Personal Information to Focal Point Cinema, we may not be able to sell you movie tickets, goods or services, enter you into competitions or register you as a member of the Focal Point Gold Card Club.
- You acknowledge that if you do not register as a member of the Focal Point Cinema Gold Card Club, parts of this Website designed for registered members may not be accessible to you. Employees of Focal Point Cinema and its related bodies are entitled to become members of the Focal Point Cinema Gold Club, but are not entitled to enter any competitions on the Website.
- Focal Point Cinema will use its reasonable endeavours to maintain the security of any Personal Information that you provide. This Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Focal Point Cinema's control. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be completely secure, and Focal Point Cinema cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times.
- Focal Point Cinema may use techniques designed to identify fraudulent activities on the Website, such as fraudulent credit card use. If any unauthorised use of your credit card occurs as a result of your credit card purchase on the Website, you should immediately notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
- You agree that Focal Point Cinema may cancel your registration as a member of the Focal Point Cinema Gold Card Club and/or refuse you access to this website in it’s sole discretion.
- For our current terms and conditions regarding the Focal Point Cinema Gold Card Club, Click Here
3. CINEMA/CAFE GIFT VOUCHERS
- Any Focal Point Cinema movie or cafe vouchers are valid for the redemption of a movie ticket and or cafe item at any Focal Point Cinema, from the date of purchase subject to the following conditions:
- not valid at Special Events or for group bookings; or with any other special offer or promotion.
- $3 fee applies to standard postage and/or $7 fee applies to courier. A greeting card and personalised message can be included with both options for no additional charge.
- The same limitations apply to Focal Point Cinema's Children’s gift vouchers. Children’s gift vouchers are only valid for redemption of a movie ticket for admission of a person aged 15 years or under.
- Redemption for admission to any particular cinema, movie or session is subject to availability.
- Gift Vouchers are available for purchase from the Focal Point Gift Store (Online) and at the Café/Ticket Office.
- Gift Vouchers purchased online will be processed by Focal Point Cinema and sent out within 2-5 working days.
- A Focal Point Cinema gift voucher cannot be redeemed for cash, must not be on-sold without the written permission of Focal Point Cinema, is non-refundable and is not available for exchange, unless required by law.
- Gift Vouchers are only valid for redemption at the following locations: Feilding, Levin & Hastings.
- The prices listed on www.focalpointcinema.co.nz may differ from those available at the Cafe or Ticket Office.
4. ONLINE MOVIE TICKETS
- Movie tickets purchased via the website can be collected:
- By the credit card holder presenting the card used for the transaction at the café/ticket office.
- By printing the ticket at home and presenting the confirmation booking at the café/ticket office. The unique code on the ticket can only be used once, from date of purchase.
- No refund, exchange or transfer is available for online ticket sales, unless required by law
- A Booking fee (up to a maximum of $5) will be charged.
- The total number of ticket sales in one transaction cannot exceed 10. This is to assist with security and prevention of fraud.
- By purchasing a ticket online you agree that you are of an age permitted to purchase a movie ticket pursuant to the relevant classification for the movie you are selecting. Photo identification will be required for any patron purchasing a ticket to a restricted film. Failure to present any suitable photo identification (without a valid birth date) where requested, will result in refusal of entry without a refund.
- Focal Point Cinema may at anytime in it's sole discretion alter, amend, or refuse to sell movie tickets to you or withdraw any movie ticket sales from this website. Focal Point Cinema may also alter these online ticketing terms & conditions.
Payment for items purchased from www.focalpointcinema.co.nz from this website must be made by credit card.
5. PURCHASES & GST
Our secure system ensures your credit card details are encrypted which enables them to travel safely on the Internet. All credit card orders are processed through Direct Payment Solutions (DPS) an external provider who will securely process the transaction. Payment for items purchased from www.focalpointcinema.co.nz from this website must be made by credit card.
- Prices quoted on this website are in New Zealand dollars and include GST where applicable.
- Your credit card will be charged from Focal Point Cinema & Cafe (Focal Point Feilding Limited, Focal Point Hastings Limited or Focal Point Levin Limited). Most items are dispatched within 2-5 working days.
- Focal Point Cinema operates under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, however we believe that moral obligations should preside over legal ones, and ‘good faith’ is our modus operandi. If you don’t receive a product in the condition that you expect, please advise us and we’ll do our best to put it right. If you have any queries regarding refunds, returns or damaged goods, please contact us via our contact page.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the copyright and other intellectual property rights in this website and all information and materials on this website (“Website Content”) are owned by Focal Point Cinema, its affiliates, suppliers or licensors unless expressly indicated.
You agree that you will not do any of the following without Focal Point Cinema's written permission:
- Use Focal Point’s trademarks, except for printing out a copy of this website or as part of a reference to a Focal Point Cinema product or service.
- Reproduce, copy, modify, merge, adapt, translate, re publish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit, broadcast, communicate to the public or otherwise make the website content available to the public, transmit or display the website content on any computer, system or network which permits electronic access by more than one user at a time.
- You may view this website using a web “browser” so long as you do not change the form of copyright and other proprietary notices. If you are interested in a piece of content for your personal, non-commercial use, you may save a single copy, print one or download one.
8. MODIFICATIONS OF THESE TERMS ON THIS WEBSITE
You agree that Focal Point Cinema may at any time, in its sole discretion, modify:
- The presentation and outlay of this website
9. THIRD PARTY LINKS/ADVERTISING
Focal Point Cinema provides hyperlinks to third party sites (“linked sites”) for convenience only, and the inclusion of the hyperlink does not imply any endorsement of the linked site by Focal Point Cinema or its affiliates. In addition, the inclusion of third party advertising on this website (whether with or without hyperlinks) is not an endorsement or recommendation of the third party advertiser by Focal Point Cinema or its affiliates.
You acknowledge and agree that linked sites are not under the control of Focal Point Cinema and that Focal Point Cinema is not liable or responsible for:
- Any act, omission or negligence of any person who administers or owns any linked site
- The copyright compliance, legality or decency of any linked site
- The accuracy or reliability of any information provided by any linked site
- Any goods or services provided by any person who administers or owns any linked site
- The performance of any obligations owing by any person who administers or owns any linked site.
10. WEBSITE USAGE
You agree that in using this website you will not:
- Interfere with the usage of this website by others
- Use this website in an illegal matter
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any document or information to this website that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethically or otherwise objective or vilifying.
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise, transmit any document or information to this website that infringes any Intellectual Property Rights of any person
- Upload post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Interfere with or disrupt this website, the server hosting this website, or servers or networks connected to the server hosting this website.
11. REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES
You acknowledge and agree that apart from where required by law, this website and all website content are provided "as is" without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
You acknowledge that, apart from where stated to the contrary on this website, Focal Point Cinema has not made any representations or given any warranties:
- as to the functionality or content of this Website
- as to the accuracy or completeness of any Website Content
- that access to this Website will be uninterrupted or error free or that the Website or the server which stores and transmits the Website Content to you are free from viruses;
- that any links contained on this Website will provide you with any useful information;
- that any particular cinema, movie or session will be available to you (on presentation of a Gift Voucher, or any Focal Point Cinema product); or
- that movie tickets to any particular cinema, movie or session will be available for sale to you.
Except as provided by law, neither Focal Point Cinema nor its affiliates, nor the employees, officers and agents of Focal Point Cinema or its affiliates will be under any liability to you, in contract, tort or otherwise, in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, economic loss or loss of information) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of:
- your use of this Website;
- the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Website Content or information contained in that Website Content;
- your use of any websites that this Website links to;